International heavy machinery tansport and oversized cargo shipping
International shipping of oversized cargo and heavy machinery transport is our specialty too!
International transport of heavy and oversized cargo, construction machinery such as bulldozers, scrapers, excavators, pavers, cranes, concrete mixers, loaders, forklifts; mining machinery etc can be very tricky. One of the biggest issues that oversized machinery shippers face is retrieving the cargo from the auction, construction site or dealership, and delivering the unit to the nearest port of departure.
Following needs to be factored in when shipping heavy machinery overseas:
- Shipper’s ability to load (non self-propelled units or static cargo); is there a crane or heavy duty forklift on the premises?
- Suitability and roadworthiness of the trailer / low boy / flatrack;
- Overall dimensions of the machinery. These are crucial for determining method of shipping and type of shipping equipment.
- Can the dimensions be reduced by taking off the removable parts?
- Are permits and escorts needed?